5 Best-selling Double strollers for your baby
Double Strollers are the solution if you have 2 kids.
They come in two types – Tandem or Side-by-side.
Both have their advantages and disadvantages and you have to see what suits you better.
However keep these points in mind
- The side-by-side double is much wider and the Tandem one is easier to manoeuvre through doors, especially when you go shopping
- Tandems fold up into smaller sizes , so it takes less space in the trunk of your car
- These strollers are quite heavy
- Side-by-side strollers have higher weight limits for both seats
- Side-by-side are available for jogging as well ( if you are an athletic person)
We have shown below some of the popular double strollers available in the market.
JOOVY Caboose Too Graphite Stand-On Tandem Stroller, Black
- Most compact and maneuverable full-size double stroller available, max child weight 90 lbs.
- This sit and stand stroller allows for two kids, from newborn to toddler, to ride the way they want.
- The Full-size removable rear seat with a multi-position recline holds a child from 6 months to 45 lbs.
- Front seat accommodates a child from 3 months to 45 lbs. and reclines to 3-positions
- Rear bench seat and standing platform holds child 2.5 years and up to 45 lbs.
- Includes a Universal Car Seat Adapter that fits most major brands.
- Large adjustable sun canopy with peek-a-boo windows
- Strong aluminum frame
- sealed bearing wheels that give it a one-handed push.
- Car seat adapters that even make it compatible for newborns.
- Very easy to set up and not bulky.
- The canopy cover is large enough to cover both children.
- Large storage basket.
- Need to remove the universal infant seat adaptor to get it to fit sideways in the car trunk.
- Canopy does not work smoothly.
Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double, Carbon
- Kids can sit in the front/ rear seats or stand on the rear platform
- Removable rear seat converts stroller to traditional Sit N Stand.
- Accepts two infant car seats: Car Seats sold separately
- Need only 1 hand to fold.
- Large storage basket and swing away child tray.
- Covered parent tray with 2 cups..
- Easy to assemble (just click the wheels on, and put the trays in place).
- Excellent turning radius and easy to maneuver.
- Options to have an infant and rider or two riders or a rider with a child using the sit and stand!
- When folded up it is only slightly longer than a standard stroller.
- Kids should not be more than 40lbs each otherwise too much wear and tear.
- The under storage was small and narrow.
- A little hard to unfold and collapse.
Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger, Griffin
- Multi-position reclining seats are independently adjustable for each child.
- Five-point safety harnesses ensure a safe trip.
- Ratcheting canopy shields your children.
- Large storage baskets accommodate bigger items.
- Parent tray with covered storage compartment and two cup holders.
- This jogging stroller features composite tires and a locking front swivel wheel that allows you to keep the front wheel in place while jogging. If you’re out for a leisurely stroll, simply unlock the front wheel for greater maneuverability.
- Easy to maneuvre.
- Stroller is easy to collapse.
- Very sturdy stroller.
- High quality product.
- Not compatible with car seats.
- Storage is not enough.
- Issues with the speakers reported by some clients.
Jeep Scout Double Stroller, Lunar Burgundy
- Extendable European-style canopies with sun visors.
- Five-point safety harness with soft shoulder pads.
- Reflective material that ensures you and your children can be seen at night.
- Abundant storage includes double rear canopy bags.
- Lightweight design that fits through standard 30″ wide doors.
- Suitable for children upto 3 yrs.
- Very easy to maneuver.
- It is very light weight compare to other strollers
- Excellent wheels.
- Very durable and no issues on all surfaces.
- Includes a cup holder.
- Difficult to fold
- After folding the lock is hard to push in and open.
- Canopies are not big enough.
- The wheels are plastic, which doesn’t make for the most smooth ride.
- The harnesses are not tight enough so the children can wiggle out and hurt themselves.
Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller, Black
- 30″ width-fits through standard doors.
- Accommodates two 45 lbs children.
- Recline each seat and adjust each footrest independently.
- One-hand fold, huge basket and canopy, removable bumper bar. Flame Retardant and Chemical Free.
- Large wheels have sealed bearings making it easy to maneuver, linked parking brakes.
- Includes two cup holders for parents and two zippered pockets for phones, wallets, snacks
- Big canopy and individually reclining seats..
- Big storage and ease of maneuvering.
- Good quality material used in stroller.
- Thick padding used in straps.
- Cute pockets and mesh behind seats
- Price is very attractive
- It is heavy to load in the car.
- The sun shade is one big one instead of two.
- Heavy to lift over curbs and bumps unless you place foot on wheel